Compact haematology workstation for blood counting, smearing and staining
- XR-Series flagship blood cell counter combined with the fully integrated slide preparation unit SP-50
- Fully automated workflow from counting to staining without manual intervention
- Short turnaround times
- Fewer biohazard procedures
- Optional integration of the digital imaging analyser DI-60
XR-1500: blood cell counting excellence teamed up with high-quality blood film production
The XR-1500 is a combination of a single-unit flagship XR-Series haematology analyser with the SP-50 slide preparation unit. Both modules are seamlessly interconnected by a single sampler, creating a compact, integrated workstation that allows fully automated processing of your blood samples and provides you with stained blood smears of consistently high quality – the prerequisite for meaningful cell microscopy results. With an onboard rule set, the XR-1500 automatically initiates the production of peripheral blood smears for samples that require one – meaning you focus on what matters.
Taking automation one step further, integrate the optional digital imaging analyser DI-60, including digital cell morphology review, into your all-in-one haematology workstation XR-1500.
Rerun & Reflex functionality
- Rerun & Reflex ensures the reproducible quality of results within the shortest turnaround times: samples for which the analyses must be repeated or extended no longer need to be selected and reloaded manually. The integral intelligent reflex functionality allows a streamlined workflow and significant increase in walk-away time.
- Depending on the installed analytical applications, a range of rule-based reflex tests can be performed. Using the specific reflex sampler, the samples in question are fed into the extended measurement automatically. Extended measurements are only performed if they offer additional value for diagnostic support.
- Smears are made automatically without manual intervention for samples meeting predefined, customisable criteria from the XR module. Like extended measurements, smears are only initiated if they offer additional value. You may also order a smear up front, for instance with known special samples.
Scalable capabilities through dedicated applications and configurations
- The XR analysis module is fully scalable in terms of analytical applications and offers sophisticated analytical capabilities as standard, such as nucleated red blood cells included in every complete blood count, and immature granulocytes with every WBC differential. This not only supports diagnostics but can also help reduce smear workloads.
- Choose from a range of optional analytical applications and licences the ones that best meet your specific requirements. You will find more detailed information on each option on the XR-1000 product page.
- The SP-50 comes in two throughput configurations – SP-50 S (standard) and SP-50 H (high throughput), so you can opt for the model that fits your smear review rate. You can obtain more detailed information in the ‘Technical specifications’ tab and on the SP-50’s dedicated product page.
- The optional DI-60 features powerful artificial neural network technology that pre-classifies blood cells to support the morphologist in identifying and differentiating normal and abnormal cell types. With the addition of the Advanced RBC and Body Fluid Applications, the DI-60 can be configured to handle automated microscopy analysis of abnormal morphological RBC characteristics in peripheral blood and cytospin slides for body fluid samples.
User-friendly sample processing and system management
- You save time and resources thanks to XR-Series’ advanced flagging algorithm that reduces the need for smears while onboard rule sets automate their processing, leading to a more efficient workflow including longer walk-away time.
- Sysmex’s automated slide preparation unit SP-50 standardises and accelerates the complete slide preparation and staining procedure of human whole blood samples while decreasing TAT and manual errors. The SP-50 is equipped with the latest technology to produce consistent, high-quality blood smears. Staining results are optimised using a variety of Sysmex and RAL Diagnostics reagents specifically adapted to and manufactured for the SP-50.
- When including the optional digital imaging analyser DI-60, the transition of blood smears from the SP-50 to the DI-60 is seamless. The DI-60 eliminates the need for manual intervention in microscopy analysis and provides the opportunity to create powerful digital morphology networks to enhance the efficiency of consultation and expertise-sharing within the same laboratory or between multiple laboratories.
- Sysmex’s superb Extended IPU software is a recommended optional component of all XR-1500 configurations, managing the sample and data workflow, providing handy tools for manual slide reviews and offering evidence-based pre-configured rule sets to support result validation and suggest targeted further diagnostic testing.
- Extended IPU automatically optimises your smear review rate using standard evidence-based or customisable rule sets which utilise the XR Series’ intelligent flagging algorithm and counting results to ensure you only make a smear when it yields additional diagnostic value.
- Your individual XR-1500 can be connected to a network that includes other XR and Sysmex solutions at other locations (e.g. satellite labs). All the rules and settings can be managed centrally to achieve complete standardisation across multiple locations.
- The WebViewer (an option within Extended IPU) allows access to all graphical and numerical results using a web-based protocol, reaching beyond the physical borders of the laboratory.
- The integrated Sysmex Support Manager offers convenient functionalities that monitor the system’s performance, resulting in maximum system uptime and guaranteed service response times. Further, it provides the function of automatically downloading QC assay data with each new lot of QC materials (ADAD).
WBC CBC+DIFF / RET / PLT-F / WPC: fluorescence flow cytometry
88 µL in whole blood (WB) mode and body fluid (BF) mode
190 µL in HPC mode
70 µL for smear preparation in auto mode
38 µL for smear preparation in manual mode
XN Check (three levels) and XN Check BF (two levels)
CBC (always with NRBC) & DIFF (always with IG)
With Extended Inflammation Parameters licence (optional)
With RET (optional)
With WPC (optional)
|XR-1500 S [DIFF], XR-1500 S [WPC], XR-1500 H [DIFF], XR-1500 H [WPC]